Friday, November 20, 2009

The Message of The Labyrinth

One day in the summer of 2009, I was walking in one of my favorite places to visit; a stone and brick labyrinth that’s nestled in the small back lot of a wonderful shop in Minneapolis, Eye of Horus. As I meditated as I made my way through the labyrinth, weaving around its path to the center and out again. My body in motion, my mind calm, in the stillness of the silence of my mind, the following words came to me:




May love guide us,
May fear leave us,
May peace be with us all.

This could be called a prayer, a spell, a mantra, a poem, or any other host of names by whatever each person prefers to identify it as; it is a simple and yet powerful message that I leave up to each individual to determine what it means for themselves. What I offer below is what this message of the labyrinth means to me.

We are born out of love from The Source; but once we are here, we learn fear and we spend the rest of our lives trying to get back into that place of unconditional love without fear; to get back in that place of peace, and to come full circle. As I walk full circle in the labyrinth, so does my soul journey towards doing the same in life. I am not without fear, though I have lessened it while on my journey in this lifetime, it is an ongoing process my own spiritual evolution. Like the flowers that grow around the labyrinth and change with the seasons of nature; so it is within our own nature to we grow and change as well. We are not above nature, but part of it. The more we not only intellectually realize this, but the more we feel it within our soul and the interconnectedness of all; then the more we can move from those places of fear back into the places of love, moving ever towards inner peace.

The labyrinth teaches us a powerful message; but it isn’t anything new. Many voices, many messengers, one message; but sometimes those messengers aren’t always human. In this case, the labyrinth spoke to my soul and my human mind formulated the words from the wisdom of my silent mediation while walking its pathways.

What messengers are in your own life?

Do you hear them or do you let the cacophony of society’s noise of the mundane world drown out what your soul seeks?

Are you primarily living out of a place of love our a place of fear?


The next time you’re in Minneapolis, I suggest talking your own walk in meditative silence with an open-heart around the labyrinth, listening with your own soul. You may receive some insight and your own message as well. When you’re done there, take a walk upstairs and partake of the art gallery they have as well. Eye of Horus is an excellent store that provides great products and services to the communities of the greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul/Twin Cities area; but perhaps the best thing about them is that labyrinth of love in that back lot, the former neighborhood dumping ground that is now not only a shining example of urban renewal; but a place in which one may renew their own soul.

It renewed mine.

May you be blessed

http://eyeofhorus.biz/
http://eyeofhorus.biz/minneapolis/labyrinth

Disclaimer: I am not paid to post this about Eye of Horus or the labyrinth; as I do so of my own free will and accord. This posting on my blog is not a paid advertisement, but rather a supportive statement for something I strongly believe in…. hope and love.

Copyright © 2009 Ron Schreiner All Rights Reserved
Photos are copyright Eye of Horus

No comments:

Post a Comment